130.2 - Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Muffin

HEY GUYS!! :) Y'all must be my lucky charms because my weight went down. LOL! I'm actually feeling much better today, too.

Anyways, since sharing that protein brownie recipe with you yesterday, I wanted to share with you this unbelievably tasty Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Muffin. Unfortunately, I did not get any good pics of this... I just kind of threw it together thinking it would be a regular, subpar, muffin. These are SO GOOD! The texture is almost exactly like a real muffin! So, don't make the protein brownies, make this instead. LOL! It's so much tastier!

This is low carb. However, it is NOT low fat. To me, this is contest prep safe, but I'm not a stickler for super duper clean eats.

In a bowl, mix the following ingredients until smooth:

1 scoop Tight Curves chocolate protein powder (or 1 packet)*
1 tablespoon PB2
2 egg whites
10g coconut oil**

Pour into muffin sprayed muffin tin and bake approximately 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 350*.

Makes 1 muffin: 25g Protein, 6g Carbs, 15g Fat







*Note 1: Tight Curves protein powder is a soy casein blend. You will not get the same wonderful texture with wheys. From experience, casein blends tend to work best when cooking. You may have similar results with BSN Lean Dessert or Beverly International Ultra Size or Ultimate Muscle Provider, although I haven't tested it. ;)

** Note 2: This recipe does work with less oil, so feel free to use less if you need a lower fat muffin. The moistness and flavor from 10 grams of coconut oil was WONDERFUL, though, so if you can save up the fat grams for around 10 grams of coconut oil, I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my YUM Thanks :)

Starya80/ Amy said...

That looks like a wonderful little muffin! Looks like you have some good macros to use for your eats - PNB! YUMMY I wonder what would happen if you put the PNB in the center as a gooey surprise?

Anonymous said...

yummo

Kathie said...

OMG. Sounds DELISH!