It is not 100% complete yet. My shelves did not work out, so I still need to find art for above the commode. I also need some simple decorative towels and a new trash can. I decided not to repaint it. Instead, I just washed the walls!
I did it all by myself, too! :-D
And in case you forgot, here is where it all started... YIKES!
My goal is to compete. However, I do not want to just waltz up on that stage, unprepared in heels and a sparkling bikini. I want to bring a better package this time around.
I’m sure you’ve heard the famous quote, "A goal without a plan is just a wish." This afternoon I mapped out my plan. I don’t want to be lost, spinning my wheels, with no direction. I want to know where I am going.
I spent some time looking through old progress pics. It’s funny what you will find. Certain things hit me. When I was doing plyometrics two times a week, my ass was bubblier. Hmmm… wonder why I quit? I actually LIKE doing plyos!
There were also pictures of me with less muscle and more fat, yet I still had a teeeeeny TEENY bit of ab definition. This was back when I actually worked my abs directly… and often. I clearly remember why I quit that! I felt like my waist was getting thick. Of course, that was just because of the extra fat around my midsection
So, I mapped out my plan… week by week, day by day, until I had two months worth of cardio, plyo, and ab workouts scheduled. I realize that planning 8 weeks in advance is a bit excessive, but I was on a roll! Plans can change, and I’m okay with that. Now I’m super excited! I can’t wait to start crossing off these workouts, one at a time!
A goal without a plan is just a wish. — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Pardon me while I attempt to remove my head from my ass.
It just hit me that this Saturday marks 16 weeks out. Mentally, I don’t feel ready to start dieting, to start saying no to my beloved Cadbury Eggs that just came out!!!, to start passing up the bread basket when we go out to eat (I LOVE bread!), to force myself onto the treadmill in the
dungeon basement that I completely burnt myself out on last year… I won’t even mention that I have to drudge through the cardio sessions a couple hours before sunrise… because that’s when it’s most convenient.
I find myself suffering from what I will call Last Chance Syndrome, sneaking in a glass of wine a couple nights a week (okay, maybe 2-3 glasses of wine on a weekend night! ), buying Cadbury Eggs because I know I will not get to soon, and cookies… I’ve had a couple this week. All these things I love are things that normally I can say no to without wincing, but now that I know that I won’t be able to eat them whenever I want soon, makes me want to stockpile them in my belly.
So, now that I have fessed up, I am going to turn it all around. I am going to flip this Last Chance Syndrome into something good. This may be my last chance to hit the national stage. This may be my last chance to give it my all. You never know WHAT the future has in store, or if you will even live to see the future!
16 weeks out, and NOW I’m ready to rock it.
“Defeat is simply a signal to press onward.” Helen Keller
Hi guys!! I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! Seth and I had a nearly perfect day! I was sad to go to bed, because I just didn't want it to end!
It is 127 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
Or 4 months, 7 days excluding the end date
Alternative time units
18 weeks (rounded down)
- Spend $50 per week (or $250/month) on groceries. - Uhm, fail! I was depending on Mint, but the delay bit me in the ass. We ended up going over. In February I am setting the same goal, but I will write my grocery totals in my planner to make sure we stay under budget!
- Set restaurant ($85/month) and entertainment ($125/month) budgets. Success!! Let's keep the ball rolling.
- Get back on the healthy eats bandwagon. Check!
- Learn some fitness mandatories. I did just okay with this. I wanted to be able to do the splits by the end of this month... and I wanted to be able to do a 1-arm pushup. Well, I completely slacked on both! Luckily, one morning I devoted several minutes (yes, I am THAT much of a slacker) to the push-up, and I was able to crank them out once I figured out how to balance myself. As for the splits... I'm carrying that on over into February!
- Spend $250/month on groceries (approximately $50/week).
- Adhere to $85/month restaurant budget and $125/month entertainment budget.
- Pay more attention to food sensitivities! I will get this squared away before the hardcore comp pepping begins!
- Do the splits!
- Practice yoga 1x/week
- Run 2 miles and ENJOY IT! (This was actually a January goal that I forgot about! LOL!)
- Complete bathroom makeover. New sconces, shower rod, artwork or shelves for above toilet (???! ), shower curtain, maybe paint (but maybe not! LOL!)