Two Casualties...


Two casualties occurred in my kitchen early yesterday. After a brief mourning session, I composed myself and picked up the pieces.

Let me start off by saying that I LOVE Oikos Greek Yogurt! Love it! However, it is HARD TO COME BY around these parts. And, when I do run across it, I never find any fun flavors. In comes Kristina from Stonyfield Farms (they make this wonderful yogurt!) to save the day!! She was kind and generous enough to send me a sampling of the flavors! Thank you SO MUCH Kristina!!




Upon opening my big box of refrigerated goodness, I noticed that one of the yogurts had a leak! OH NO!!! I knew at that moment I had to consume it IMMEDIATELY! I couldn't let it go rancid, now could I?! I ingested a big dollop of Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt in Plain. This stuff is THICK, RICH, and CREAMY! The website ain't lyin' when it says it! YUM!

You all know I have to get creative with my food, right? Tons of flavor combos rush through my brain!

Flavor concoction #1: Oikos Organic Plain Greek Yogurt, cinnamon bun protein powder, raisins, chopped walnuts, coconut flakes, Saigon Cinnamon

YUM! Who needs sugary, fattening, processed desserts when you can have this rich creamy goodness?! Seriously! So tasty! And the best part? This massive 5.3oz container has some killer nutritional stats! Check out the low carb and sugar stats!! and SUPAH DUPAH high protein in this HUGE container:

plain - Oikos organic - Greek yogurt

Serving Size 1 containerAmount Per Serving 150gCalories 80Calories from Fat 0 % Daily Value*Total Fat 0g0%Trans Fat 0gSat Fat 0g0%Cholesterol 0mg0%Sodium 60mg3%Potassium 230mg7%Total Carbohydrate 6g2%Dietary Fiber 0g0%Sugars 6gProtein 15g30% Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%Calcium 20%Iron 0%Thiamin 6%Riboflavin 20%Vitamin B6 2%Vitamin B12 15%Pantothenic Acid 8%Phosphorus 20%Magnesium 4% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
OUR FAMILY RECIPE:

CULTURED PASTEURIZED ORGANIC NONFAT MILK. CONTAINS FIVE LIVE AND ACTIVE CULTURES INCLUDING L. ACIDOPHILUS, BIFIDUS, AND L. CASEI.


Now, I tried taking a picture, but my sloppy mixing skills left me with an unappealing photo. I will be neater next time.

On to the second casualty...

As I was neatly placing my remaining containers into the fridge, Butterfingers (that would be me) managed to forcefully drop one on the floor. SPLAT! Instant yogurt crisis! This time it was the vanilla flavor. I cleaned up my floor and placed the unharmed remnants (a good 3.6oz, I measured! LOL!) in a container. This brings me to my next tasty concoction!

Flavor concoction #2: Oikos Organic Vanilla Greek Yogurt, vanilla protein powder, frozen wild blueberries

I mixed it all up and placed it in the freezer for an evening snack. This was GREAT! An even healthier version of frozen yogurt! We know the sugar content of frozen yogurts can get pretty scary... we won't even go into the chemical content in most... ;) I love the light sweetness in the Vanilla flavored Oikos, and of course, you still get every bit of the rich creamy goodness that the Plain has.

While the carbs and sugar is a little higher than plain, it is still a LOT lower than regular yogurt. Plus it's creamier, thicker, and just plain better... Have I mentioned the protein is higher?

vanilla - Oikos organic - Greek yogurt

Serving Size 1 containerAmount Per Serving 150gCalories 110Calories from Fat 0 % Daily Value*Total Fat 0g0%Trans Fat 0gSat Fat 0g0%Cholesterol 0mg0%Sodium 60mg3%Potassium 220mg6%Total Carbohydrate 12g4%Dietary Fiber 0g0%Sugars 11gProtein 15g30% Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%Calcium 20%Iron 0%Thiamin 4%Riboflavin 20%Vitamin B6 2%Vitamin B12 10%Pantothenic Acid 8%Phosphorus 20%Magnesium 4% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
OUR FAMILY RECIPE:

CULTURED PASTEURIZED ORGANIC NONFAT MILK, ORGANIC SUGAR, ORGANIC NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOR. CONTAINS FIVE LIVE AND ACTIVE CULTURES INCLUDING L. ACIDOPHILUS, BIFIDUS, AND L. CASEI.



Obviously, I could go on and on about how much I love this yogurt. Heck, I have went on and on about it... and I've only tested two of the fabulous flavors! If you want to know more about this indulgent treat that is actually healthy!! check out their site at www.oikosorganic.com ... Get the scoop on the flavors, some recipes, AND there are even COUPONS!! $$$

7 comments:

Becca said...

WOW, I wonder how this stacks up to Fage!!? I need to try it, but I love Fage so much I am not sure I could cheat on it...lol

Kathie said...

I cannot find greek yogurt anywhere around me. :( I've been wanting to try this one and Fage for so long. :(

Dana said...

I love greek yogurt. My new favorite food. My mix, one single package, add cheesecake sf ff jello pudding, a little bit of peanut butter and to top it off cocoa roasted almonds. DELISH!

Alyson said...

Yumm.. Honey Oikos with a little Kashi Go Lean or Pumpkin Flax is my fave!

Jessica said...

I love the Oikos, too! I can actually find it at most grocery stores in the ghetto and the country! lol Fage, which I want to try, is 35 minutes away. Boo.

Julie Tsai said...

I just bought this stuff, from your recommendation. Good thing we have them in stores all over my area (Kroger brand stores for anyone who has those close by).

Such thick and yummy yogurt! Thanks for the recommendation!

Genie said...

Becca: EETS GOOT. Try it.

Kathie: I have a helluva time finding it as well, as you know. It is in the organic section, by the veggie cheeses, POM drinks, etc. when I do actually see it.

Dana: You can find it there? No fair. Your town is smaller than mine! LOL!

Alyson: That sounds fab!! That Pumpkin Flax sounds good... is that in the bluish box? I haven't tried it!

Jes: I don't drive 30 minutes for anything... except shows, then I drive hours. LOL!!

Julie: I miss you!!! You need to start your blog up again... or something where I can keep up with you. I'm so glad you love the yogurt. Please try strawberry next. It is beyond fabulous. I have many reviews to post on the various flavors, but that one is easily my favorite. Mmmmm!