Menu Planning Monday - Cleaning out the fridge!

Oof! I have been a busy bee this morning. I must get organized. I keep thinking of blogging ideas that slip my mind. I just can't find time to write.





The name of the game this week is CLEANING OUT THE FRIDGE! Gotta make room for the Thanksgiving feast and leftovers.

Monday: Spaghetti w/ a lean ground turkey and lean ground Italian turkey sausage combo, whole wheat noodles for the hubby and corn noodles for me, crushed tomatoes as a sauce base... hope it's good. I have never used crushed tomatoes and seasoning only for a sauce.

Tuesday: Sweet & sour pork stir-fry w/ brown rice (homemade sauce using sugar-free preserves... Jamie Eason tweeted about this the other day, and I want to try it out! :) )

Wednesday: Tuna salad on Ezekiel bread for me, white bread for the hubs. I want to keep the ovens and stove tops FREE this day because I will be preparing so much food for Thanksgiving day.

Thursday: Uhm, turkey, what else? :P

The rest of the week is a toss up! We will be on the road. I don't know what food will be served. I'm going to adopt the Body for Life mentality while traveling -- protein the size of your palm, carbs the size of a fist, and the rest vegetables. I doubt I will stick to it 100%, but it's all good.

Are you looking for more menu ideas? Check out Menu Planning Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Yeah I TOTALLY WANT TO DO THE Jamie Eason sweet n sour recipie. Will you let me know how it turns out, and then send some to me? LOL

Becca said...

LOL I am so lazy. NO but for serial, I might have to try it tonight.

Genie said...

I'm gonna try it tomorrow. MMmm. Lemme know if you make it! :D

Anonymous said...

I would kill to be able to eat spaghetti and be as tiny as you...pfft.

I have some blueberry sugar free preserves...probably wouldn't taste good like that though??

Turkey YUM!

menu planning said...

it looks fantastic! Yummy!