Menu Planning Monday - Christmas is almost here!

Just a quick post... Since this will (hopefully) be a short work week, I have to fit five days of work into three days. AHHHH!


Monday: Chicken thighs, baked potato topped w/ 2% Fage, lots of broccoli, and shredded cheese (rice cheese for me)

Tuesday: Baked crab cakes (using Ezekiel bread and egg whites, recipe to be determined), salad, soup (from pantry)

Wednesday: Chicken soft tacos

Thursday: Tuna melt on Ezekiel bread (no cheese for me), steamed broccoli, sweet potato fries

Friday: Chicken & Dumplings (low fat recipe -- This was my husband's Christmas dinner request.)

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Sirloin, baked potato, salad

I recently read about a $25 per week grocery challenge. You can only spend $25 per person per week on groceries... I decided to give it a try this week! So far, so good! :) I also love that it encourages me to use what we have instead of buying more of other things. Our pantry is pretty stocked. I think we have almost 20 cans of tuna. LOL! That is not normal! So far we have spent $48. This does not include Christmas dinner, but I think we can pick up what I need for under $2... We'll see!

Check out more menus over at I'm an Organizing Junkee.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

hahaha...i read about that challenge about two weeks ago. craziness! I want to try it but tom's snacks would keep me out of budget every time. when he was out on the job, i was able to stay at my $25/pp with just me. go figure!

Jen said...

Yay! For Short weeks..

I read about that Challenge in a Magazine a few months ago.. I think it was All You Magazine.. I could probably pull it off. I try to do my shopping every two weeks and generally only spend about 120.00 for the two of us.. I'm one of those annoying people that you get behind in line with an envelope full of coupons lol..

Your crab cakes sound good.. I made some last week with a recipe that I got of off sparks people. They were quite tastey..

Thanks for reminding me that I have a blog lol : ) If I don't talk to you before.. You and Seth have a very Merry Christmas!