How did you all make out in January? I did... eh... okay. You can find the original goal post for January here.
- Spend $50 per week (or $250/month) on groceries. - Uhm, fail! I was depending on Mint, but the delay bit me in the ass. We ended up going over. In February I am setting the same goal, but I will write my grocery totals in my planner to make sure we stay under budget!
- Set restaurant ($85/month) and entertainment ($125/month) budgets. Success!! Let's keep the ball rolling.
- Get back on the healthy eats bandwagon. Check!
- Learn some fitness mandatories. I did just okay with this. I wanted to be able to do the splits by the end of this month... and I wanted to be able to do a 1-arm pushup. Well, I completely slacked on both! Luckily, one morning I devoted several minutes (yes, I am THAT much of a slacker) to the push-up, and I was able to crank them out once I figured out how to balance myself. As for the splits... I'm carrying that on over into February!
The budget goals were huge eye openers for my husband and me! Even though we broke the grocery budget we still saved a ton! It felt great to be mindful of spending and not be so frivolous! Our savings account thanks us, too!
February 2010 Goals
- Spend $250/month on groceries (approximately $50/week).
- Adhere to $85/month restaurant budget and $125/month entertainment budget.
- Pay more attention to food sensitivities! I will get this squared away before the hardcore comp pepping begins!
- Do the splits!
- Practice yoga 1x/week
- Run 2 miles and ENJOY IT! (This was actually a January goal that I forgot about! LOL!)
- Complete bathroom makeover. New sconces, shower rod, artwork or shelves for above toilet (???! ), shower curtain, maybe paint (but maybe not! LOL!)
What are your February goals?