Egg Whites, Oats, and Apples -- Again!

If you liked the easy peasy apple loaf recipe I posted earlier, here's a pancake-ish variation. It's quite delicious, if I do say so myself. :-)

Ingredients:
4 egg whites
35g old-fashioned oats
1 small apple
Splenda (or other calorie-free sweetener) to taste
Cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Spray small or medium frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Heat at Medium to Medium High, depending on your stove. I find it easier to cook these correctly on the lower heat, BUT, let's face it, sometimes I'm too hungry to wait!
  2. Blend egg whites and oats. This is the pancake 'batter'. Pour into frying pan.
  3. Chop apples over the pancake so that the pieces just fall onto the batter. I prefer to do it this way because it uses less dishes. You may rather chop the apple on a cutting board and then spread it over the batter.

    Photobucket
  4. Once the middle has solidified a bit, carefully flip the pancake over. This is the most difficult part as the apples add quite a bit of weight to the pancake. Don't worry, if you make a mess, it still tastes the same.
  5. Sprinkle to taste w/ cinnamon and Splenda. I use a ton. I am a little piggie. :o)

    Photobucket
  6. Let it cook a little longer, until the eggs are done. It usually doesn't take very long. Then just flip it onto your plate and sprinkle with more cinnamon and Splenda.

    Photobucket

Nutrition Facts:
Calories: 260
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 38g
Fiber: 7g
Protein: 21g
**nutritional value for Splenda is not included in these macros.

2 comments:

Krissa said...

I will be trying this version as well cause the other one is GRRRREAT!

Genie said...

Great Krissa!! Let me know if you like it. :)