Let's start with breakfast. This week I will be eating Apple Loaf.
4 egg whites
35g old-fashioned oats
1 small red delicious apple
Splenda (or other calorie-free sweetener) to taste
Pumpkin pie spice to taste (other spices and blends are great, too!)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray pot pie tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss egg whites, oats, Splenda, and spices in blender. I like the Magic Bullet.
- Blend until somewhat smooth.
- Pour concoction into pie tin.
- Slice apples and add to concoction.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- VOILA! It's ready!
Tips you may find handy:
I like the pot pie tins because they come with lids. Once cooled I just toss them in the fridge until they are ready to be devoured.
I will sometimes make up to 5 of these at a time. Just throw all of the ingredients into the blender (except for the apples) and pour them evenly into tins.
Other fruits and fillings are fabulous in this as well. This includes, but is not limited to, berries, canned pumpkin, applesauce, and bananas.
Depending on your nutritional goals, feel free to tinker around with the amount of egg whites and oats you use. Easy Peasy!
EAT UP!!! nomnomnom